« Home | Ah, Bella Mia! » | How we met, part 1 » | Dress Shopping Begins! » | If it's in the newspaper, it must be official! » | Who's who? » | Welcome to the Wedding Blog! » 

Monday, January 16, 2006 

Photography

Not much on the wedding front this weekend, other than I'm getting stressed about the money, which makes me cranky, which isn't fun on the weekend since it's one of the few times Tom and I have together. We ran a preliminary budget this weekend, and it's more than I thought. *sigh* Of course there's lots of variables yet which could help the price go down, or could even cost us more *shudder* but at least we know what ballpark we're in.

Today I priced photographers, based on info I picked up at last weekend's bridal faire. I absolutely don't want to skimp on the photographer, since the photo are all that will remain of our wedding day, but I can't spend as much on the photographer as the reception! We talked about what's important for each of us, and that's high-quality photos, some black and white, for at least 7 hours, a few portraits for family, mom's albums, a nice album of our own, and the negatives/CD. We don't need a photo montage DVD, lots of 8x10s, an engagement session, etc. (our engagement photo is at the top of the page on the right).

Have you seen the albums in the last few years? They're amazing magazine-style printed pages where the photographer can collage lots of images for a really stunning result. I'm a bit of a traditionalist in that I want to have a regular photo album too, which we can do with shots from the photographer plus 1-time cameras on tables.

Do you have a great recommendation for a photographer that's in our budget (2-3K) for the kinds of things we described above? Keelyn recommended her sister's photographer, but at 5K we can't afford her. I also don't want to go the super-cheap route and just have a photographer take our pictures and give us the negatives. I know I'll never get the album done (I still haven't done the album of our cruise 3 years ago)! Please comment or send me an email (link is on the right under Web Stuff).

Misc:

I'm generally going to post on weekdays, when my schedule is more regular, but if there's exciting wedding news, I'll want to share it with you right away.

I read all of your comments, and would love to get more. Tell me what you think about a dress, for example, or ask questions about what's in the works. That way I know people are reading and I feel like I'm planning with a bunch of nosy, opinionated, helpful friends. (That's a good thing!) I may also find out that I've missed something entirely or hadn't thought enough about it, which will help my planning process.

Ok, quit freaking me out about prices! Not to mention all the wedding dress shopping. I get sick to my stomach when I walk into the mall - how will I ever get through dress shopping?

As for the photos... I have a few suggestions. If you are concerned about the album part, think about your friends who have the skills to put one together. Maybe someone can do it for you. We have a computer program that allows us to compile photos, video and music to make your own home movie and then you can burn it to a cd/dvd. I did one for our godson's birth and gave it to his mom as a surprise and have since made tons of copies for her family. I could do something like that for you, but don't expect to get it right away!

Post a Comment