« Home | Dresses » | Honeymoon plans! » | Booking plane tickets on AlaskaAir.com » | 4 1/2 months. 20 weeks. 138 days. » | Update to Alaska Air info » | Public Service Announcements » | Busy Busy Busy » | Looking for a photographer » | Please take our poll » | Travel info is up! » 

Wednesday, May 17, 2006 

Crafty Bride

I've decided to create all of our invitations by hand. I've had a vision in mind for months now, and spent a Saturday creating mock-ups to get Tom's opinion on what he likes best.

We settled on a design similar to this, but square rather than rectangular:


Last weekend on our way up to Santa Rosa we stopped at Paper Source in Berkeley so I could see the paper from their website in person. I purchased some of the paper then, and ordered the rest online, which should arrive in the next couple days.

The 'envelopment' that creates the invitation, and the envelopes themselves are in this color, called Pool:



The invitation and enclosures are all in this color, called Luxe Cream(if you can see it at all!):




while the invitation will have this color mat, called Sage:



I also have stickers in Sage that can be used to close the invitation, if we decide to. I also have paper in all 3 colors to be used for the place cards and any other accents to the invitation.

Here's what they look like all together:


I liked the look of the multiple colors for the inserts, but I was concerned they wouldn't be readable, so they will all be Cream.

I haven't decided yet what kind of edge to do on the flap and envelope - straight across, a V or half-circle, or a wave.

A good friend is allowing me to use her color laser printer, so I will try to match the Pool color for at least part of the invite to bring it all together.

Invites aren't going out until Independence Day, but it's going to take some time to assemble them all so I want to get started now.