« Home | Looking for a photographer » | Please take our poll » | Travel info is up! » | The Proposal » | I have a dress! » | Hotel Scouting Weekend » | New feature on the site! » | One-stop Shopping » | More dresses » | Stupid David's Bridal » 

Tuesday, March 28, 2006 

Busy Busy Busy

Did you see the rotating banner graphic I put at the top of the site? That's the Spinnaker Restaurant, where we're having our reception. Gorgeous, isn't it?

I've been really behind on updating the blog. It's not because I don't have anything to say, more that I'm so busy I run out of steam by the end of the day. Here's a quick update on where we are so far:

Ceremony and Reception site - done long time ago!
Dress - ordered (see scary story below!)
Official Wedding Website - continuously updated (see sidebar list for the link)
Hotel Block & Airline Discount - reserved (see previous posts or the wedding website for more info)
DJ - verbal agreement, waiting on the contract
Save the Dates - mailed out

FOCCUS "test" - we met with Fr. D'Angelo a couple weeks ago and we only had a few areas where we didn't agree with each other or with the "preferred" answer. I think we're supposed to meet with him again soon... I should call and find out...
Photographer - verbal agreement today, Tom is meeting with him tomorrow
Rehearsal Dinner - while it's not officially on my plate (Danna's hosting it), we have booked the restaurant!
Engaged Encounter Weekend - this is required to get married in the Church. We could either go on a weeknight for 5 weeks (not feasible with Tom's work schedule) or one weekend. We're scheduled to go May 19-21 in San Juan Bautista.
Honeymoon & Registry - next on the list, working on getting them locked up in April.
Flowers - lots of ideas, nothing finalized yet
Bridesmaid dresses - still figuring out who likes what, I really want to get this item crossed off soon
Cake - we have a few leads, looking forward to some tastings!
Gym - I haven't been good about going. Too much work, overwork by my trainer when I do go, and I'm not feeling well at the moment. Only 5 months to go so I better get a move on!
Anything else not mentioned - not on my radar!

Scary wedding dress story
I'm really glad that 1. nobody was hurt! 2. I wasn't in trying on dresses that day, and 3. my dress isn't in yet to get damaged!

Ooh, we got a few more responses to the poll. Please vote for everyone in your group. If we don't hear very many responses we may just cancel the idea of the shuttle bus, so please help us out by letting us know your plans.