« Home | Crafty Bride » | Dresses » | Honeymoon plans! » | Booking plane tickets on AlaskaAir.com » | 4 1/2 months. 20 weeks. 138 days. » | Update to Alaska Air info » | Public Service Announcements » | Busy Busy Busy » | Looking for a photographer » | Please take our poll » 

Thursday, June 01, 2006 

Shoes!

I'm not a "shoe girl" but I'm very excited that I found the right pair of shoes for my wedding dress. I have big wide feet, and have a hard time finding comfortable dress shoes, so Naturalizer is one of my favorite manufacturers.

Zappos.com was having a shoe sale, so I bought a total of 4 pair of shoes to try 2 different styles and 2 different sizes. The contestants were:


Prissy

Gazebo

Yes, they are BLUE!! :)

None of the Zappos shoes fit, but from what I could tell I really liked the Gazebo more than the Prissy. Feeling like the ugly stepsister who can't cram her foot in the glass slipper, I sent them all back to Zappos (free shipping both ways!) and called the local Naturalizer stores to see if they had the Gazebo in my size. No such luck. So I ordered 2 pair from Naturalizer.com, in my size and 1/2 size larger, figuring the 1/2 size up might be a better option after being on my feet the whole wedding day.

The smaller shoes arrived on Friday afternoon - just slightly too small for me. Sigh... At least I can return them at the local store instead of paying for return shipment. I waited all week, and finally the larger pair came today - and they fit just right! Cinderella moment!


GAZEBO



And won't they look great against the detailing on my dress? Some girlfriends are coming over tomorrow for a "Makeover Party" I "won" at a recent bridal faire (I think it's really just a Mary Kay party and I didn't "win" anything but 2 free eyeshadows), and I will have Reri put me in my dress and I'll model the shoes and dress together. Yay!

Oh... I don't have a crinoline yet. Guess I'll have to improvise.

The shoes are stunning. I sprained my back 6 weeks before my wedding and wore tennis shoes under my dress. Enjoy your makeover, send me sneak peek pix please ;}.

Any plans for our shoes yet? Please god don't make them honkin heels!

no honkin heels - wear what goes with your dress and makes you happy!

Wow!...great milky white shoes!...I was trying to find them in my timberland brand collection but i couldn't find them...i should search it on some other brands...

Post a Comment