« Home | David's Bridal and email posting » | Photography » | Ah, Bella Mia! » | How we met, part 1 » | Dress Shopping Begins! » | If it's in the newspaper, it must be official! » | Who's who? » | Welcome to the Wedding Blog! » 

Wednesday, January 18, 2006 

Fit Bride, one Stairmaster at a Time

I'm trying to get in better shape before September. I've been eating much better lately, and going to the gym a lot. I got a great MP3 player with birthday money from my parents and grandparents, and I've been burning thru the batteries (I guess I should get some rechargeables). I've found a number of podcasts (like blogs, but audio) that I like to download and listen to when I'm cleaning house or at the gym, including the NPR nightly news, a few knitting podcasts, and I've found a couple that are gym routines. I haven't tried them yet but am looking forward to seeing if they're any good or not.

For the New Year, my gym had an offer of 5 training sessions for $99, so I signed up. I had my first session with Debbie last night, and I'm feeling it today. We did ab work and cardio, and my lower back wasn't happy with the lower ab work, so I need to work on getting both my lower back and lower abs stronger so they'll support each other. She also put me on the EVIL stairmaster, the kind with the actual stairs? On Level 5, on a hill! It was too much for me... I'll do it again, but at a somewhat easier pace. I don't mind the elipticals or the treadmill.

My goal for this week is to drink 96oz of water (only have 42 oz left) and get to the gym at least 4 times for at least a half hour before next Wednesday, when I meet her again.

The ultimate goal is to drop a couple regular dress sizes and 1 bridal dress size before the wedding. I'll keep ya posted.

PS: Oh, and it doesn't help when people in the office run over to Safeway and buy ice cream, cookies and candy in one afternoon. I kept myself to 1 package of 100-calorie Chips Ahoy thin crisps and 1 cookie, which is amazing in itself as I am an ice cream fiend.

The stairmaster is evil. Not in a "I can't do it its to hard" way, but more in a "I'm the type of retard who falls off of it when I'm up that high" way. Yes, true story. I have also fallen off of a treadmill. Without an incline. And so close to falling off the elliptical as well. *sigh*

Post a Comment