« Home | Leaps and Bounds » | Shoes! » | Crafty Bride » | Dresses » | Honeymoon plans! » | Booking plane tickets on AlaskaAir.com » | 4 1/2 months. 20 weeks. 138 days. » | Update to Alaska Air info » | Public Service Announcements » | Busy Busy Busy » 

Thursday, July 20, 2006 

Time Flies...

I can't believe it's been 6 weeks since I last blogged!! Everything is happening so quickly I barely have time to catch my breath.

Since early June, either Tom or I have:
  • met with the florist, who lives almost 2 hours from my house (but much closer to SF) and picked out stunning flowers for the wedding party and the reception.
  • tasted much yummy cake, and settled on a fabulous bakery in SF that will deliver for free. Each layer will be different, and all delicious!
  • spent many many hours, with much trial and error, to put together all the invitations and get them in the mail. They turned out even better than I had hoped, but they were the cause of much frustration while working on them. I can't thank Liz, Cathy, and Julia enough for their help in putting them together and keeping me sane.
  • had my hair and makeup trial. The beautician is Liz's sister-in-law Lisa's, who was flown to Florida for Lisa's wedding - and her name is Amy, so I knew I'd like her immediately! I absolutely love what she tried out for my hair.
  • had our engagement photos taken at Baker Beach in SF. The day was very foggy, but our photographer really captured who we are as a couple and got some very attractive shots of the 2 of us. I was a bit worried because the pictures we took at Second Chance Prom (we went in RED - Tom in a red suit and me in a red dress) were atrocious!!
  • ordered my ring. I hope it gets here soon.
  • applied for new passports. Tom had to start from the beginning because his last passport was when he was 15, and he expedited his and has it already. I did the "regular" process and am a little anxous, I should get mine in about 4 weeks, but we are less than 7 weeks from leaving for the honeymoon! eek!
  • looked at tuxes. Tom and Alex had figured them all out, until Tom realized my dress is white, not ivory, which means he needs to change his vest and tie. It's okay though, we have a solution.
  • planned the Saturday picnic. Cathy is a gem for taking it on, and now that's one less thing to stress about.
  • started to get RSVPs back! That's the most exciting part - we've planned a big party, and people are actually coming!

In the coming weeks, we still need to:

  • buy Tom's ring. We're planning to look on Saturday.
  • decide on the rest of the menu. We picked some of the menu on what sounded good, because it needed to go in the invitations, but on Sunday we are tasting the rest of it to make a final decision. We will also go over room layout.
  • check out the rehearsal dinner site. We're doing that on Sunday night with Tom's mom. Should be fun!
  • pick the rest of the music and give it to the DJ, and meet with the music director at the church. We also need to work out with Allen whether he's singing at the wedding, and if the band is doing a set at the reception.
  • get the bridesmaid dresses! Hopefully they will be in next week and I can get them sent in plenty of time to have them altered.
  • get MY dress altered - I'm a bit nervous but I'm sure it will be beautiful.
  • finalize the RSVPs.
  • get a marriage license.
  • reserve our hotel for the weekend.
  • reserve a hotel for one of the honeymoon nights, and decide what we're doing on the cruise.
  • work out the final details with all the vendors to make sure everyone's on the same page.
  • do lots of little stuff like seating, programs, favors, etc.
  • oh yeah... little thing called our JOBS...
  • TRY NOT TO PANIC!

Please bear with me if I'm not good about posting in the next 41 days, I've got a lot on my plate.

tom pope yay:-)

Post a Comment