« Home | Fit Bride, one Stairmaster at a Time » | David's Bridal and email posting » | Photography » | Ah, Bella Mia! » | How we met, part 1 » | Dress Shopping Begins! » | If it's in the newspaper, it must be official! » | Who's who? » | Welcome to the Wedding Blog! » 

Thursday, January 19, 2006 

Stupid David's Bridal

Monday I was browsing dresses on davidsbridal.com, and made a whole list of dresses I liked. I also clicked on their "make an appointment" button and filled in my info to have someone call me and make an appointment.

Tuesday my dress list was gone, and I had to recreate it. At least that one hasn't disappeared.

It's now Thursday, and nobody called me to set up an appointment. So I called today at my lunch hour, and surprise! Both stores near me are booked solid on Saturday! I guess I shouldn't be too surprised since they've been advertising a big sale. But still. Urg. Not so good customer service. I guess I'll try them in February, since I can't go next weekend because my cousin Christa and her hubby Matt are coming into town. Yaay, that will be very fun. (hi Christa!)

Reri and I are going around for another wave of dress try-ons this Saturday, so I did get an appointment at the cheezily-named Bride&Joy in San Leandro (they have Maggie Sottero dresses), and we'll go to the Fremont Wedding Gown Superstore, even though I heard some bad reviews, because they don't need an appointment. We can fight our way through the crowds! I have sharp elbows and Reri is tiny enough to sneak under people's arms when they're not looking. Hee hee!

PS: I drank all my water yesterday and did a FitTV workout (thanks Shannon and Elspeth for the tip!). Today at work, someone brings in Drumsticks! @$%^$@$!! Glad I'm in the back office and can't see them...

Love all your updates and that special dress is out there and you will find it.
Good for you on your diet and exercise...keep it up and it will pay off and you will feel much better. I think of you when I'm on the treadmill. Bring an apple to work...they taste good and are good for you. Love you lots, Nana

Post a Comment