« Home | Hotel Scouting Weekend » | New feature on the site! » | One-stop Shopping » | More dresses » | Stupid David's Bridal » | Fit Bride, one Stairmaster at a Time » | David's Bridal and email posting » | Photography » | Ah, Bella Mia! » | How we met, part 1 » 

Thursday, February 23, 2006 

I have a dress!

Wow, what a weekend. I've been so busy, so I apologize. I know you all are dying for the details of the weekend!

When I scheduled this dress shopping weekend, I didn't realize it was the same weekend as Stitches, a yearly knitting convention where I had already signed up for classes. So a busy weekend got that much busier. You can hear all about my fibery expedition on my other blog.

All the ladies met at Bay Area Bridal on Saturday afternoon. I'd already picked out a ton of dresses to show them, so this was less of a hunt for a dress than a fashion show where we picked the winner. I came out in the first dress, and everyone oohed and aahed that I was in a wedding dress, how pretty. But when I put on the second dress, everyone stopped and said, oh, this is so you. (yes, this is the one Suzi thinks looks like a barber pole - I promise you, it's prettier in person). See pics of me in the dress: dress front dress back I went through a series of other dresses, both corset-back and not, organza-y and satin-y, and we kept coming back to the 2nd dress.

Until.

I came out in the dress that I thought was THE dress. Mom said she could tell by the look on my face. It's not this dress, but close. Oh, it's so pretty. Hmm. Now we can't decide. Go put on the other dress again. So Sandy, the attendant, helped me back out of the last dress and into the 2nd dress again. Ohh, it's so pretty. Now we really can't decide. We need to see them both together. Can someone else put the dress on? So I look around the room. Aunt Ceil? I don't think so. Reri or Yuan? teeny little Asian ladies look nothing like me. Danna? She's also much smaller than me. Mom? Yep, it's gotta be Mom!

This was priceless. We begged Sandy to let us take some pictures, so we got a few of me in the barber-pole dress, plus Mom in the wedding dress. Don't look too closely, you can't see which dress it is! Mom didn't have a crinoline, so she wore her jeans and Tivas - fabulous look, dahling.... hee hee... After much laughter and discussion, I decided that the dress Mom was wearing was, in fact, THE dress.

Both of us in our dresses I am not posting the link to the dress. I want you all to be surprised. I also didn't post any pics of me in any dresses, in case Tom doesn't want to see, but click on the links and you'll see them. If you look at all the dresses I've tried on, you've got a pretty good idea about what I'm getting. I am about to order the dress, however I realized that it also comes with blue and champagne beading/applique, rather than it being all diamond white. So now I am on a hunt to find at least a swatch of the blue/champagne to see if I like it better, since I am using blue in my wedding colors. I found a place that has a swatch, so I'm gonna check it out and then place the order this weekend.

Mom and Yuan and I also looked at bridesmaid dresses. Mom found one she loves, and Yuan likes 2 of the ones I like. The 'maids might all be the same, they might be different, we're working all of that out.

Sunday Tom and I are checking out the Maxwell Hotel and going to a bridal faire. The plan is to have hotel info finalized by the end of the month.