« Home | I have a dress! » | Hotel Scouting Weekend » | New feature on the site! » | One-stop Shopping » | More dresses » | Stupid David's Bridal » | Fit Bride, one Stairmaster at a Time » | David's Bridal and email posting » | Photography » | Ah, Bella Mia! » 

Monday, February 27, 2006 

The Proposal

We've been planning to get married for a couple years, and our lives had finally come together so we were able to start our plans.

We booked the reception site and the church, and we had been looking at rings so I was sure to have exactly the ring I wanted.

I found a beautiful ring setting online that reminded me of my mother's antique engagement ring. Tom ordered it in October and it arrived just after Thanksgiving. It came in a beautiful porcelain egg, but unfortunately I was home when it arrived. I remarked that 'too bad, it would have been a really cool way to propose to me'. Tom then took it to get a diamond for it, and I didn't know when I'd be getting it back, or how.

Fast forward a few weeks... Tom and I had been running around the weekend before Christmas at birthday and Christmas parties, last minute shopping, etc.

Saturday morning while Tom was out I set up his new flat-screen monitor, and then we went out shopping together for a new winter coat for me.

Finally, Sunday evening, December 18 we came home from dinner with my friends from grad school and we settled in for the evening.

Tom gave me a little package and said that he wanted to give me a wrapped present for Christmas. I opened it up and it was my porcelain egg. I was a little confused, but opened it up and inside was a note that read, 'ha ha fooled you, your present is in the bedroom'.

I finally found this huge box under the bed. Inside was a smaller wrapped box, 2 Snoopys (we went to the Schultz Museum early in our relationship and have a 'Snoopy thing'), and a note which read, 'I never knew it was you...', that had a framed pic of me at age 7 in a heart magnet (from our fridge) and 2 chocolate roses.

The second box had another smaller wrapped box, and another note that read 'I have been searching for all my life', and pictures of Tom hiking Yosemite, running marathons, etc.

At this point I had an idea of what was going on....

Inside the next box was an even smaller wrapped box, and a ton of chocolate gold coins, and a note that read, 'What a treasure I have found!'

The smallest box was the ring box, and inside was a note that read, 'Will you be my wife?'

It wasn't until later that I realized it was a poem!

I was crying and gave him a huge hug and he said, put it on, and I said no, you! So he got on his knee and asked me to marry him and put the ring on, anad I said of course of course!