« Home | More dresses » | Stupid David's Bridal » | Fit Bride, one Stairmaster at a Time » | David's Bridal and email posting » | Photography » | Ah, Bella Mia! » | How we met, part 1 » | Dress Shopping Begins! » | If it's in the newspaper, it must be official! » | Who's who? » 

Saturday, January 28, 2006 

One-stop Shopping

(Christa and Matt were supposed to come to town this weekend, but Christa got pulled away for a work trade show. Bummer. We'll have to try to schedule something else soon.)

I'm actually getting a little tired of dress shopping. It seems like wherever I go, I find dresses I like, but don't LOVE. Until today.

Reri and I started out at David's Bridal. I quickly discovered that all the dresses I liked on the website have very little embroidery other than at the bodice, which is why they're so darn cheap (relatively). There were 2 I really liked, one of which I can't find a picture of, and the other one is a Monique Luo design, so just as expensive as any other designer gown (on the left - click here to see the bottom of the skirt which is the most beautiful part!) The attendant told me it doesn't come in any larger size than the one I tried on, which was about 4 inches too small across the back. I was pretty bummed out until I looked at the catalog they gave me, which said that dress does come in W sizes! I'm right on the line between the 2 sets of sizes, which can be frustrating. Guess she doesn't know her inventory that well...

Next stop was at Bay Area Bridal (also known as New Things West for prom dresses), this time on my own since Reri had plans and we both had narrowed down the style I was looking for. This place is huge! It's at Vallco Mall (for those that are in Spokane, this would be like U-City Mall - way past its prime) so they must have a great deal on rent. My attendant was Sandy, and she was super helpful. I showed her my scrapbook of dresses plus some I had pulled from their binder, and I must have tried on at least 10 gowns, each more gorgeous than the next. Now I really can't decide!! They carry a ton of Maggie dresses, including the ones from Bella Mia and Bride & Joy, so we don't have to go there to try on 2 dresses. I did find a couple others from other designers too, so I have a list of about 8 gowns that will be set aside for me at the next appointment. I'm moving more toward the more romantic look of the organza overlay with embroidery rather than the more sophisticated satin gowns from the first few shops.

They also have bridesmaid dresses from B2 (although I didn't find the one we're looking for) and some beautiful dresses for Mom/Danna too, so this could really be the only stop we'll need to make. They even have a tux rental! I'm really excited now - I'm really looking forward to the input and getting the dress chosen, so I can start focusing on other things.

I like the bottom one. The middle one looks too much like a barber pole with the swirly effect. These are really pretty!

Okay, Lauren is KILLING ME about what her dress will look like. I know that is the least of the priorities, but I want to take her to the lady on the hill who makes specialty dresses just so she will get an idea.

Suzy...don't get any ideas. You can not get married. I have not "interviewed" your current boyfriend! - UnkaT

Post a Comment